Don't just lay there like a piece of meat! If you can't sleep at night... you're not alone. Here is a list of helpful ideas to help pass time and to help you remain productive. It's time well wasted!
1) Read a Book (one that has the potential to put you to sleep)
2) Make a music Cd for someone. (It's Priceless!)
3) Make a recipe book, print them out and paste them inside a cool notebook. (everyone is sleeping so your internet server should be fast!)
4) Write a poem for someone. (You can do it! or just read my book: Epiphany - Collection of Poems - it will inspire you!)
5) Listen to the sound of rain (YouTube provides a lot of videos)
6) Watch a movie you've always wanted to see.
7) Organize your files/closet/drawers
8) Create a bucket list.
9) Clean the virus/files from your computer
10) Paint your toe nails
11) Update your resume
12) Write a blog (Oops! guilty as charged)
13) Think and write up a business plan for an idea.
14) Make a to do list for the week
15) Make a movie or V-blog (doesn't have to be Hollywood quality, use Windows Media Player)
16) Take a shower /bubble bath
17) Make a Christmas list (Ohh stop! It's never too soon)
18) Find/apply for over night employment
19) Make a list of funny jokes
20) Post riddles on Facebook (Warning - this can become quite interactive)
21) Bake cookies
22) Plan your wedding
23) Plan your birthday
24) Plan a surprise party for someone
25) Plan a vacation
26) Park your car in the garage and clean it
27) Plan something nice for someone
28) Make love/cuddle/be sensual
29) Give a massage
30) Accept a massage
31) Do a homemade pedicure
32) Make homemade lemonade/jam
33) Write a letter to a friend
34) Evaluate your priorities (list them)
35) Play a board game/ learn how to shuffle a deck of cards.
26) Create your own board game
27) Play with your cat/dog
28) Meditate/stretch and do some yoga
29) Start a novel (it's never too late to start)
30) Start a memoir (yes, your life is worth it!)
31) Pick a random topic and plug it into Wikipedia
32) Embrace your curiosity
33) Take pictures of things you want to get rid of or sell, and post them on Craigslist or Kijiji.
34) Search for a lost friend - there's a reason you always think of them.
35) Delete old emails (enough already!)
36) Re-decorate the living room
37) Plan to make amends with someone (Life is too short to be resentful all the time)
38) Update your linked -in/twitter/Facebook profile
39) Study for a course
40) Read on the latest news
41) Throw expired perfumes/cosmetics out
42) Answer on line personality tests/questionnaires.
43) Read your horoscope - Mars is in your what house?!
44) Learn a new language on line for free.
45)Light some candles, breath deeply and pray to God. (Exhale)
46) Paint your walls
47) Sand down an old desk
48) Take pictures of the sky, stars, moon.
49) Organize your receipts/finances/old b-day cards.
50) Research on how to turn your hobby into a passion
51) Apply on a face mask
52) Organize your photo album
53) Solve a hard puzzle
54) Challenge yourself with a rubix cube.
55) Draw/paint something
56) Create home made cards
57) Cut your vision and dreams out and paste them on your vision board of things you want to have or accomplish in life.
Use old magazines.
58) Drink decaffeinated tea, warm water with lemon & honey, or warm soya milk.
59) Brush up on your CPR skills and do some research (always good to know)
60) Pluck awkward and straying hair out of your body
61) Wax your legs
62) Iron your clothes
63) Make a list for the dry cleaners
64) Play an educational video-game.
65) Create a survey for your friends to answer
66) Learn a new dance move
67) Throw out old junk
68) Clean your belly button
69) Update your on line dating portfolio - did you say Plenty of Fish? No thanks, I prefer a Shark.
70) Listen to the radio
71) Listen to comedy
72) Plant tomato seeds
73) Make popcorn using natural kernels.
74) Write in your diary
75) Confess something to yourself in a letter, then delete it after you've read it.
76) Look after your oral hygiene
77) Allow yourself to miss someone (don't repress feelings)
78) Knit something cool (can't Knit? braid your hair)
79) Plan your next April fools joke!
80) Learn how to overcome an addiction (read up on tips, be pro-active)
81) Do your laundry - Yes, it does smell bad.
82) Learn how to make Chai Masala Tea (Yum, Google it!)
83) If your spouse is from a different culture, learn how to make their favorite meal (find the recipe, plan it and surprise them)
84) Evaluate a wrong doing, learn how to let go and forgive someone.
85) Write a speech or a poem.
86) Do something that scares you (challenge yourself to grow)
87) Brush up on your interview skills (get on line tips)
88) Learn a new computer skill
89) Ladies, learn how to apply the smokey eye look (comes in handy for special events)
90) Learn about your local city or town by doing some research
91) Volunteer in someway
92) Count your penny jar
93) Dust your shelves
94) Plan to take a risk of some sort for the next day that will help you overcome a fear.
95) Clean your fish tank out
96) Write a song
97) Learn how to spin a basketball on your finger (Kids will love this)
98) Teach your dog a new trick or cat.
99) Do 5 things on this list
100) Complete this list (This is a challenge!) :-)